PCKIZ Internship Program
The Pittsburgh Central Keystone Innovation Zone (PCKIZ) internship program provides opportunities for currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students attending higher educational institutions to work for an innovation economy company. PCKIZ internships are open to students from Carlow University, Community College of Allegheny County, Duquesne University, and Point Park University.
- Fall: 120 - hour assignment up to 15 hours a week
- Spring: 120 - hour assignment up to 15 hours a week
- Summer: 224 - hour assignment up to 28 hours a week
Where to find internship openings
- PCKIZ internship positions will be posted with career services at Carlow University, Community College of Allegheny County, Duquesne University, and Point Park University.
- PCKIZ internship positions will be posted on the Urban Innovation21 website under internship openings.
How to Apply & FAQs
- Students can apply by emailing their resume and any additional required information to Alyssa Boehringer, Program Manager for Internship Programs - email@example.com.
- Please indicate the specific internship and company for which you are applying. Students can apply to one or more specific internship positions.
- Once your resume and additional documents have been submitted, you will receive an email notice to confirm the receipt of your materials.
- Your information and materials will be reviewed by the Program Manager, who will then forward them to the participating innovation economy company, who will interview and select an intern who fits the needs of their company.
- Before beginning an internship, students must complete our orientation and all necessary hiring paperwork with the Program Manager.
- Each PCKIZ internship semester will pay a rate of $10 an hour.