Urban Innovation21 and Riverside Center for Innovation are hosting a business grant competition for business owners and resident entrepreneurs of the Northside, made possible with support from Comcast, Nova Place, BNY Mellon, and The Buhl Foundation.
Please complete the General Business Information form to confirm your submission. The standard documents, workshop presentations and resources, and business plan resources and links are still available on this page below the form.
- North Side Competition Judging Criteria Handout
- North Side Competition Business Plan Guideline
- North Side Winners Responsibility Handout
Workshop Presentations and Resources
- Information Session | March 4, 2017 & March 6, 2017
- Orientation | March 11, 2017
- How to Write a Business Plan | March 18, 20217
- Marketing | March 25, 2017
- Financials | April 1, 2017
Business Plan Resources and Links
- Channels & Partners:
- Customer Understanding:
- Product Development/Customer Needs
- How to run a user interview :
- Legal and accounting basics:
- How to build product users love :
- Entrepreneurial Fitness | Shawntae Spencer
- Revenue Relationships | Steve Blank – Money, We know it’s on your mind. Learn why customers are the key to unlocking revenue, and how to get and keep paying customers
- Customer Understanding | Steve Blank – Explains why knowing who your customers are–and who they aren’t–is essential to startup success.
- Customer Development | Steve Blank – Explains how to tell whether the product you’re building is the product your customers need.
- Customer Discovery Primer | Steve Blank – Explains what makes a startup a startup, and how it all ties back to the people who matter most.
- The Business Model Canvas–10 Step Lessons | Alexander Osterwalder – Business model innovation will win over technology innovation every time. Business modeling expert. Explains why companies with great business models win every time