Urban Innovation21 and Riverside Center for Innovation are hosting a business grant competition for business owners and resident entrepreneurs of the Northside, made possible with support from Comcast, Nova Place, BNY Mellon, and The Buhl Foundation.
- North Side Competition Judging Criteria Handout
- North Side Competition Business Plan Guideline
- North Side Winners Responsibility Handout
Workshop Presentations and Resources
- Information Session | March 4, 2017 & March 6, 2017
- Orientation | March 11, 2017
- How to Write a Business Plan | March 18, 20217
Business Plan Resources and Links
- Channels & Partners:
- Customer Understanding:
- Product Development/Customer Needs
- How to run a user interview :
- Legal and accounting basics:
- How to build product users love :
- Entrepreneurial Fitness | Shawntae Spencer
- Revenue Relationships | Steve Blank – Money, We know it’s on your mind. Learn why customers are the key to unlocking revenue, and how to get and keep paying customers
- Customer Understanding | Steve Blank – Explains why knowing who your customers are–and who they aren’t–is essential to startup success.
- Customer Development | Steve Blank – Explains how to tell whether the product you’re building is the product your customers need.
- Customer Discovery Primer | Steve Blank – Explains what makes a startup a startup, and how it all ties back to the people who matter most.
- The Business Model Canvas–10 Step Lessons | Alexander Osterwalder – Business model innovation will win over technology innovation every time. Business modeling expert. Explains why companies with great business models win every time